We provide free, confidential tutoring to improve the adult literacy rate in St. Francis, Cross, and Lee counties, and we provide support and instruction to individuals wanting to study English as a Second Language (ESL).
- To increase public awareness concerning the problems of adult illiteracy and the solutions available by sponsoring a variety of activities to disseminate information and promote literacy activities
- To provide opportunities for non-English speakers to study ESL
- To assist in recruitment and training of students and volunteer tutors.
- To identify and develop resources for maintenance and expansion of the adult literacy and ESL efforts.
- To work with all levels of government and government representatives for further commitments to support literacy programs.